Practicum: Win, Win, Win
Practicum: Win Win Win
Students will create and combine simulations to assess probabilities.
- Win Win Win Practicum (LMR_U2_Practicum_Win Win Win)
The California lottery has a game called the Daily 3.
• It consists of 3 numbers between 0 - 9 that are drawn daily.
• The numbers are drawn with replacement.
• Winners are usually awarded a couple hundred dollars.
• To win the maximum amount of money, players must correctly choose the numbers that are drawn, in order.
Write down the code to correctly simulate the Daily 3 once.
Use your code to simulate the Daily 3 500 times.
Compute the estimated probability of getting the first 2 numbers of the Daily 3 correct.
Should the estimated probability of correctly guessing the last 2 numbers of the Daily 3 be less than, the same as, or more than guessing the first 2 numbers? Why?
In teams of 4:
a. Each team member chooses 3 numbers for the Daily 3.
b. Each team member simulates the Daily 3 game 500 times.
c. Within your group, combine the team simulation estimates to estimate the probability of winning the Daily 3.
Write and submit a one-page report. Your report should include the code.